Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cuyamaca Three Peaks Half Marathon

My race review. I was actually scared and nervous to do this race. I think it's my lack of trail running experience that led to my fears.  The first thing I noticed was how few runners were in attendance.  There were only about 80 people running and I was one of them, how cool is that?  The scenery was beautiful and the weather was crisp, perfect race conditions.  There was a woodsy smell in the air due to a recent rain.  The course was made up of a single trail, along with a steady climb up Stonewall Peak and then came a very taxing downhill jaunt.  I felt great, I was never tired or hot, it was the perfect day for a run.  There was a water station half way, and a very nice lady filled my water bottles, and I was off.  At one point I was running alone and I was listening to Regina Spektor, I felt like a fairy in woods... so free and happy.  I love being outside and running through the woods.  I recently I stopped wearing my running watch so every time I asked someone "do you know what mile we are at?" I was pleasantly surprised when the told me "you are at mile 6, 8 and 12."  Not only did I love it but I did really well!!!  I was happy with my time but I was happier with the fact that I never got tired.  I had so much fun. I like this trail running thing a-lot.  It feels spiritual to me in so many ways...  As crazy as this may sound I have to get some sleep because my dad and I are running the Tijuana half at 7am.  Stay tuned and I'll tell you all about it..
G

No comments: