Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stairway to Heaven half marathon

Sunday morning I woke up at 5 am made my way down stairs and  had my coffee. I got all my stuff and did my best to be out the door by 5:40. I only had to drive about 30 minutes to this sundays half marathon. I was really nervous and feeling really insecure because it was a trail run. Once I was there I felt much better. I said hi to some friends and made a couple new running peeps. It was hot and it was 6:30 in the morning. We all made our way to the starting line .

The race director gave a little speech and then at 7:04 it started. I stayed near the back but in retrospect I need to make my way to the middle and not be such a wimp and insecure about running by people. The course was really pretty . 

It is also very hilly and very technical. I liked the up hills they are challenging and I am not afraid to fall but coming down hill was a little different. I was a little scared after seeing a couple guys fall flat on there backs so I was careful. 

I have no idea who this guy is but I wanted to show you why this was named Stair way to heaven. We run up to the of this mountain . There are stairs that kick your ass but at the top is a girl smiling dressed as an Angel. 

I am hot in this picture and I chose a long sleeve shirt. Do you also love the mascara below my eyes from the sweat. I know !! I feel like yelling G…
Short sleeves honey and take all the mascara of before you run. 

I felt strong most of the race I just need to not hold back. I think on the trails I am afraid I will run out of energy so I make sure I have this reserve and at the end I had all this run in me I did not use. 

This is me running in. My dad showed up and took this picture. Its always nice seeing someone you love waiting for you at the finish line. I can always count on my dad. I recommend this race its put on by The Dirt Devils and they have four races a year. I did get a little lost but I found my way back. 

I am happy about my run and I think I am learning a-lot about running. One thing in trail running your shoes need to be at least 1 size bigger mine are a size and a half bigger .. I hate loosing my toe nails and bigger shoes help me keep them. Happy Trails and I am really looking forward to next Sundays half...

No comments: