Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Just a thought

A couple weeks ago we went for a run in Cuyamaca after our run I stopped at the lake just to sit there and take it all in. The wind was blowing and it was cold. I could hear the water and the ducks splashing and they looked like they were having fun. 
I was wearing my North face Jacket it was that cold. There was no else around probably because it was chilly and early. Its always in moments like these that my heart swells with gratitude for all that is before me. Nature is such a gift. It's almost as if that moment I have any doubt about my life and how well I am doing as a mom that moments like theses bring me back to the rawness of it all. Its simple as simple as sitting here in the cold. Whats important is right in front of me. My children ,family and friends. Making sure I let them know how much I admire them and how grateful I am to have them in my life. 
The ducks reminded me of of my brothers and sisters and I playing in the back yard of our old house. There was a lot of noise and tons of distractions but we somehow always managed to have a great time.. Just thought I would share. 

No comments: