Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Thoughts

Thoughts on not finishing something I started. I wanted to share my thoughts on not finishing a race just because
(Cuyamaca 100k).. I don't think it was a wise choice to not finish  . In the future if I start something then I need to finish it. The biggest reason for me is because I don't want to let those thoughts of it is OK to quit to have an OK place in my brain. My other reason is this was such an awesome race and so well put together I should of given that the race more respect. I don't look at this as a major failure but personally I feel like it was a learning failure. What does not finishing something I start teach me and where does that direction take me. I learned that I need to finish what I start because it has been nagging at me for two weeks now. I feel like I am not a quitter so why start now. I learned that I was little bit of a whiner leading up to this and that takes away from experience all the good that running such an awesome 100k has to offer. The biggest lesson it taught me was I need to be more appreciative of the gift of being healthy and able run has given me.
 I love the word grateful :
adjective
1.
warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received;thankful:
I am grateful to you for your help.
2.
expressing or actuated by gratitude:
a grateful letter.
3.
pleasing to the mind or senses; agreeable or welcome; refreshing:
a grateful breeze.

I need to be more grateful.. I just wanted to share that failure is all how you look at it. Lets learn from our mistakes making them learning opportunities and no longer failures or mistakes. Lets look at our life lesson as gifts and then ask ourselves OK so what did I learn from this and whats my next move. Moving forward is always progress…wishing you happiness this weekend 


No comments: