Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

A day at the Bay and some thoughts


I recently took a day trip with Jack to the bay. My other kids where at school so we had plenty of time. I took my running stroller a BOB. I packed it full of goodies and of we went. I ran about 2 miles before Jack decided it was time for me to stop and play. He doesn't ride as long as he used to.So we stopped and played on the play ground until he was ready to go back.
 I had dinner with my Girl friend the other night and she asked me if I felt different having a baby at 42 versus having my babies in my 30s. I have been thinking about this a lot. The big difference is the older I am the more I feel aware of time. It goes by so quickly. So I feel very aware of how quickly Jack is growing up and because of Jack I really feel more aware of how quickly Bella, Christopher and Paola are becoming adults. 


I can't make life slow down but I can be more aware and Yup I can take a-lot more pictures. I love printing out my pictures and putting them in albums. Looking back also is a window into how quickly time flies. Christopher told me the other day ,"mom we are living the best years of our life right now ". I agreed. Its not about buying things or going places don't get me wrong I like both but it seems to me it about holding our kids and being kind to our own self so that way we can have a healthier relationship with every one else. 

I feel really lucky to just have this life right now and even though many times I wish I had more really what I have and today was enough..

No comments: