Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Birthday Post

I flew home on my birthday. I turned 43 this week and I find my birthday day is hard for me . I feel meloncholy during the day. This year was a little better. I pent most of the day with my awesome girl friend . She did a lot of very sweet things and the day felt special. I have no idea why my birthdays always feel that way but now that its passed I feel great. 

Here I am with two of my four kids . I am really happy I made to 43 and I have so many things to be grateful for. I have a roof over my head and kids I love and I am healthy. I saw an old man tonight standing by the taco shop I went to pick up dinner for two at. It is raining outside so he was just trying to get out of the rain. He had to be in his late 70s and he looked old and fragile. He had food that someone bought for him. He was homeless. I don't know what I could have done for him. It really hit me how lucky I am to have a home and a family and to be a year older. 


No comments: