Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

A mini day trip ADVENTURE

Hi Peeps.. How is your week going ? I have had an easy week over here.  Driving my kids to school and doing laundry but I have been able to get my runs in even if they are short and a couple workouts in. Yesterday I took as mini road trip with my dad and Jack to Palomar Mountain. It is about and hour and half from my house so not to far but it is a slow 1:30 because it is a very windy road.( I don't like those roads ) Jack was practicing his patience and he did well. When we finally arrived it cost 7$ to go into the Park for the day and guess what we where the only people there. There was no one else in sight and ours was the only car. It was beautiful . The leaves are all changing color and it felt like a really good fall weather. When you live in San Diego you have to enjoy it when you can capture this feeling. Jack was so excited to get out of the car and run around. Let's go run mama.. 

The elevation was 5500 feet and it was 65 degrees. We saw deer and ducks. We threw stick in the pond and collected acorns. We crossed a bridge and smelled a pine tree and the best part was when my dad Jack and I where all sitting on a huge log and Jack held us both really tight and looked up at my dad and said oh grampa .. It was special for sure. This kid brings out the best in me. 

When your little a pond is awesome. He yelled at the ducks and he would look at the water and say two trees mama. I think he saw the reflection and was showing me the two trees. We hiked for about 3 hours. I definitely got my work out in because half of that hike I carried Jack. He can get heavy. 

My favorite picture from yesterday. My little boy exploring. I really can't complain about anything. I feel so full of hope and joy and when I see this it helps me look at our future in a soft light. I love how much Joy a couple hours outside brings us. I love that I get to show my kids the parts of life I feel are so important and in doing so they to will see the soft light that can surround our life. Yesterday was a really good day. One I won't forget anytime soon. 

No comments: